Mortgage Calculator Amortization Schedule
This mortgage calculator amortization schedule will help you determine how much of your monthly payment will go toward the principal and how much will go toward the interest. You can also use this mortgage calculator to create a printable amortization table for your loan and to estimate the monthly payments on your mortgage. Simply fill in the fields below and click on calculate.
Mortgage Amortization Schedule Help
A mortgage amortization schedule shows how much of your monthly mortgage payments go towards principal (the money you borrowed), and how much goes toward interest.
- Amortization is paying off a debt over time in equal installments. Part of each payment goes toward the loan principal, and part goes toward interest.
With a mortgage, the amount going toward principal starts out small, and gradually grows larger month by month. Meanwhile, the amount going toward interest declines month by month. See how amortization loans work.
The mortgage amortization schedule calculator shows:
- How much principal and interest are paid in any particular payment.
- How much total principal and interest have been paid at a specified date.
- How much principal you owe on the mortgage at a specified date.
This means you can use the mortgage calculator to:
- Find out how much principal you owe now, or will owe at a future date.
- See how much interest you have paid over the life of the mortgage, or during a particular year.
- To use the mortgage amortization calculator, enter your mortgage amount, the term in years, the interest rate and the start date. Click on “Calculate.”
Results received from this calculator are designed for comparative purposes only, and accuracy is not guaranteed. Barnstable Financial Group does not guarantee the accuracy of any information or inputs by users of the software.
This calculator does not have the ability to pre-qualify you for any loan program which should be verified independently with one of our Loan Consultants. Qualification for loan programs may require additional information such as credit scores and cash reserves which is not gathered in this calculator. Information such as interest rates and pricing are subject to change at any time and without notice. Additional fees such as HOA dues are not included in calculations. All information such as interest rates, taxes, insurance, PMI payments, etc. are estimates and should be used for comparison only. Barnstable Financial Group does not guarantee any of the information obtained by this calculator.