What is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance, also commonly called hazard insurance (often abbreviated as HOI). This property insurance covers your new residence and is an insurance policy that combines various personal insurance protections, which can include losses occurring to one’s home, its contents, loss of use (additional living expenses), or loss of other personal possessions of the homeowner, as well as liability insurance for accidents that may happen at the home or at the hands of the homeowner within the policy territory.
It’s time to shop for home-owners insurance coverage on your new home. Here are some quick tips to save you money:
- Car/Home Discount: Insuring your car and home with the same company often will get you a package discount.
- Deductible: Raising your deductible can reduce your annual premium.
- Home Security Systems: Special burglar alarms can prevent losses and therefore makes your house less of an insurance risk.
- Smoke Alarms: Preventing a fire loss is important to your insurance company.
- Non-Smoking Household: Insurers are trying to cut costs and look for people to insure that pose the least risk. A lot of accidental fires are caused by smokers. Some insurance companies give a discount for non-smoking households.
- Electronic Payments: Many companies are now charging up to $5.00 or more for payments made by mail, but do not charge for automatically deducted payments.
- Credit Rating: Yes, a lot of companies are checking your credit and basing your policy on what is found.
- Additional Discounts: There are many additional discounts that may be available such as a reduced senior rate or being in a gated community.
By using and an independent agent, they don’t work for a single insurance company, they work for you. Unlike “captive” agents that can only represent one company, they are able to work with many of the strongest and most respected insurance companies in the world. You’ll have access to high quality products from companies that have outstanding reputations for fast and fair claims service. Here are a few Insurance Agents that we have come to know and respect. Give them a try and I am sure you will feel the same:
Insurance Management Consultants
4500 College Blvd. Suite 220
Leawood, KS 66211
Thomas McKinney or Mike Heasty – 913.491.8511
Have Questions? Contact Us online or call 913.642.8300.